Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hey California teachers, Jerry Brown just screwed you. Just a little bit but still….

It’s summer time and that means house cleaning.  That’s a metaphorical term as I’m doing plenty to prepare not only for the upcoming school year but also for my educational future.  So, since December 31 of this year is the expiration date of my teaching credential, it’s time to head to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and renew my license.  It’s only a cool $70.  

Wait a minute.  The damn site won’t let me renew my credential.  I wonder what’s going on….

image

Wow, what a coincidence!  The CTC won’t let me renew my credential now and is raising the fees by over 40%!  Actually, the total fee for me is going to by $102.50 because if you want to actually renew online (you know, without paper) the online processing fee is an extra $2.50.  Why?  I have no idea.  How about this; if you have to go through that boring, pointless horror show known as BTSA, you forgo having to pay for credential renewal forever!  It’s a fair trade.  

So thanks Jerry Brown!  You can’t tell the government to fund a government agency because politics.  Nice job!

blog comments powered by Disqus