Sunday, March 29, 2015

Because I’m an Econ Nerd like that..

Know what I did on my first day of Spring Break?

Economics conference.

Yep. My wife and I were up at 4:30 in the morning, on BART by 7, eating chilaquiles at the Ferry Building by 8....

....hello you sexy beast...

.....and was knee-deep in a simulation dealing with calculating unemployment by 9:10. Hell of a way to start, Sping Break, no?

Actually it's fantastic. It's been five years since I've been to a California Council on Economics Education workshop, and everything that was old has been updated and revised and therefore oozes awesomeness. We go over lessons, model many of them, and engage in a collaboration between a few veteran Econ nerds and many Dismal Science newbs. All in all it is a fine use of human capital.

blog comments powered by Disqus