Friday, February 27, 2015

Scott Walker gives us a good old fashion what-the-fuck moment

Governor Scott Walker sent a proposed budget to the Wisconsin legislature with a serious amount of cuts.  I don’t agree with Walker’s slash-and-burn model of budgetary solution but that seems to be the continued idiocy of my political party; use the nuke instead of the scalpel and clean up the wasteland later. 

But pretty standard Republican Gov cutting from the bill.  Yeah, not much to see here.

25. DELETE LANGUAGE RELATED TO SEXUAL ASSAULT INFORMATION AND REPORTING

Governor: Delete the requirement that the Board direct each institution and college campus to incorporate oral and written or electronic information on sexual assault in its orientation program for newly entering students and to supply all students enrolled in the institution or college campus with the same information in either printed or electronic form. Delete the requirement that the Board of Regents submit an annual report to the Legislature regarding the methods used to comply with the above requirement.

Delete the requirement that any person employed at an institution who witnesses a sexual assault on campus or receives a report from a student enrolled in the institution that the student has been sexually assaulted report the assault to the dean of students.

Delete the requirement that each institution report annually to the Department of Justice (DOJ) statistics on sexual assaults and on sexual assaults committed by acquaintances of the victims that occurred on the campus of that institution in the previous years, and that DOJ include those statistics in appropriate crime reports.

[Bill Section: 1171]

What in the actual fuck.

I get politics and I get the game and I get the occasional saber rattling or political sparring with programs.  I don’t get this.  I don’t get this at all.  This is climb up Mount Stupid that could only be reasoned with excuses like “I didn’t read my own bill” or “One of my staffers is plotting my demise” or “Jeb Bush has pictures of me and a Tijuana donkey and made me do it.”  It’s nonsensical to the max. 

Since Republicans needed women votes to win, and this part of this bill pretty much tells the society to ignore the fact that one out of five women in society will be the victim of sexual abuse.  I don’t see how Scott Walker can possibly survive this.  With this kind of crap coming out of his camp, I hope he doesn’t.   

blog comments powered by Disqus