Saturday, August 16, 2014

School hasn't started but I’ll go back anyway.

I don’t have students until August 25 but I’ve already been to my classroom three times in the last few days.  It’s therapy time in the Coach Brown classroom and over the course of my first few hours I’ve purged many old projects, dumped an old television cart, and got rid of a massive bookshelf.  My classroom space has now become cleaner and more simple.  Textbooks found there way into enclosed locations, old supplemental materials found their way to the warehouse, and the recycle bin became my new best friend.  It felt good to purge.
*****
The varsity boys basketball team played 47 games this summer, and thanks to a very hard working staff, it went off without a hitch.  Now the question is whether or not this season will go off without a hitch.  A lot rides on our gym, which is currently a mammoth, gutted cavern that stands to be a pain in my side if not done by basketball season.  It’s supposed to be done by basketball season.  Being me, I’ve already got back-up plans in motion but the season would flow much better if I didn’t have to play in other gymnasiums. 
*****
This is going interesting start to the year if for no other reason than that I don’t teach AP U.S. History this year!
/dances around house
It was the ultimate pro-con class; I got to teach very driven students a very hard subject in a very rigorous manner.  And it was successful.  The bad part was that the class nearly took over everything and it never felt totally complete.  Now it is gone and I can drop the guilt of APUSH, moving forward with my AP Comparative Governments class, and my American Government/Economics class.
blog comments powered by Disqus