Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Blissful

Jeff Bliss dropped out of school early in his career and returned as an 18 year old sophomore.  To many teachers that would be a klaxon going off in your head.  A warning that the torpedo is in the water and your sub is about to get nailed.  

Then this happened.


This is an insanely good rant by a student, and I mean rant in the most positive way you can put it.  I don't care who you are, where you are, and under which political faction you attach yourself;  the dude is right.  Period.  Sounds like he's in a situation where he's mature enough to realize that he fucked up earlier in life and wants to make up for the mistake but is damn well not going to waste time with belittling teachers and piles and piles of worksheets.  Good for Jeff Bliss.

I had a packet work and Economics USA teacher.  It was pretty much one of the more awful classes in that nearly everything was video-packet, video-packet.  And the videos were your typical 80's Economics videos.  In fact, here they are with updates. Wade into them.  Attempt to spill their blood, shoot them in the belly.  Except that it won't work because the videos are stronger than the Nazi's.  They are crazed Economics space aliens that are hell bent on killing everything.  One episode can be tamed.  All of them over a semester create a retched hive of scum and villainy.  Good luck. 

The one time I had the audacity to say "oh yay, another packet", my Economics teacher threw the entire stack at me while I was sitting at my desk and yelled "FINE, YOU TEACH IT!"  I was meek then.  Now.....FINE, I WILL!  Jeff Bliss made a more eloquent statement about teaching and it was right that the admin told the teacher to get out and let the student continue with his work.  Good for him for demanding the best possible education he could get.  

And screw the teacher for making us look bad.      
blog comments powered by Disqus