Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A change in leadership with Dracarys dreams (Spoilers)

Our principal is going to Aruba. 

No seriously, he’s leaving Ukiah for Aruba.  Part of me feels happy for that opportunity for him.  Then again part of me hopes that he wakes up one morning with angry hermit crabs hanging on his extremities.  Yes I’m jealous. 

So the hunt is on for a fearless leader of Ukiah High School.  This will be the fourth leader in the 13 years of my employment at the school and I’ve become a bit more involved.  The teachers were recently asked about the qualities they wanted in the new head administrator at Ukiah High.  I responded in an e-mail to my Superintendent with this:

"Dracarys!"  

Danaerys Targaryen Game Of Thrones Season 3 Episode 4

Yep.  That’s who I want my new boss to be.  Daenerys Targaryen.  A stronger leader with a sense of fairness and morality.  A woman who cares about her people and demands respect from all parties involved.  And then there’s the whole dragon thing.  Sometimes you just need to roast somebody as an example of what not to do.

But in all seriousness it’s obvious that there is some concern about what direction the school is headed, and lots of apprehension about what the future holds.  There is a desire to do better and a thirst for excellence, and there was a core of teachers that said exactly that to the Superintendent today.  Let’s hope for the best. 

But while you hope, here’s the end of the last episode of Game of Thrones to spoil you. 

 

Game of Thrones is fantastic, and if you aren’t watching it you are missing a great work of fiction. 

blog comments powered by Disqus