Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Flow

Not too many people get to experience “The Flow.” 

That’s because it is pretty much reserved for people that get ideas and become excited when better one’s come around, and then they share them with other people.  Teachers get The Flow when lesson planning becomes deeper and more meaningful.  For me The Flow happened around 1 p.m. when I came upon an idea for morality in the development of law.  I started looking up information, tearing out old text books, and within an hour I had a weeks worth of lessons cranked out.  When I looked up it was suddenly 3:30 and I realized that I had to head off to Willits for my wife’s work party.  I didn’t want to stop.  I had all these ideas that demanded attention but I had to put them off until tomorrow, and remember to also do the little things before things start on Monday.

The attitude within the district is decidedly more optimistic than in past years and I won’t pile on the reason for that.  I can say that much of the district had this attitude towards some people in particular.

I’ll leave it intentionally ambiguous because those in the district will get it.  Me?  I don’t join people with pitch forks and torches in attempting to slam other people that haven’t wronged me in any way.  The overall point is that the overall attitude of the district seems better this year and that’s a very good thing. 

Tomorrow’s the district meeting and then the final tasks that will prepare me for students on Monday.  Saturday I’ll be in San Mateo at EdCampSFBayArea to get my tech integration on.  I might see you there.   

blog comments powered by Disqus