Saturday, July 21, 2012

By the time I get to Arizona

My wife and I are in the desert state that is Arizona.  We are in the beginning of a Southwest trip that started in Phoenix, is now in Tucson, and will include Sedona, Flagstaff, Monument Valley, Page, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and finally Las Vegas.  Yes, that’s a lot. 

I’ve been to Tucson once many years ago and Northern Arizona a few times to the Grand Canyon.  I have to admit, I’m liking Tucson more and more.  The desert is beautiful with cacti, and fauna of the cutest nature.  Those damn Desert Cottontails are snuggle worthy and the Roadrunners are some of the coolest things I’ve seen.  Afternoon thunderstorms have kept the temperature more moderate, although it has also doused us with a bit of humidity that is slightly annoying. 

We are off to Sedona tomorrow to swim in the vortex of something or other.  I may become some ethereal creature that creates ultimate world peace, or I might just swim around in a creek.  We’ll see.

blog comments powered by Disqus