Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday in Willits

Well it’s that time of year.  On the second weekend of December for the last eleven years I’ve spent this Saturday in Willits, playing a game early in the morning and then again in the evening.  I don’t bother taking the 30 minute drive down the hill back home because it forces me to find wifi and sit and do homework, unless I blog. 

I’m currently in what could be considered the typical Mendocino coffee house hangout.  Counter-cultural feel with “organic” stuff on the menu that is fairly overpriced, ok taste wise, and wholly unreliable.  Right now I’m trying to down an organic chocolate milkshake which tastes more like a protein shake and is the consistency of  cough syrup.  I won’t be posting this at the coffee place because the “free wifi” (the reason I came here) is out.  It would have been nice to have known this before I spent $6.50 on a chocolate shake.  At least the Ray Charles in the background is nice.  And the people (like most in mellow Mendo hangouts) are really nice.

We won our first game last night and our morning game, which puts us in the championship game at 7:30 tonight.  It’s nice to also hear that the varsity Wildcats are playing championship ball in Healdsburg tonight as well.  Hopefully we can bring some hardware home for the school this weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus