Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little calm

It’s almost 5 p.m. and I’m sitting in a dark classroom. 

You know those motion detector lights?  Well, they don’t really sense me when I’m typing away, so occasionally they will go out and I’ll have to wave my hands like a nutcase to get them back on.  However this time I just like them off.  They went out about five minutes after I finished the final touches on my teacher evaluations that I give my students to evaluate me.  It is the last thing I really have to mess with before I can call “done”.  The rest is just grade input and dealing with unhappy Seniors about their grades. 

But at this point, with the hard stuff finished, listening to the rain patter on my room in a quiet, dark classroom is kinda nice.  After a turbulent year, it let’s me take a moment to just chill.

blog comments powered by Disqus