Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thanks Jay!

Jay Mathews is an education columnist for the Washington Post and he has been gracious enough to consider my blog one of the top Education blogs.  I guess that check I passed him cleared in time for Christmas.

I recently received an e-mail that politely stated that successful blogging included regular posts and that my readership could decline if I didn't post more regularly.  I want to warn those that have just stumbled upon my blog that I post when I feel like posting.  My profession is teaching, not blogging.  Blogging is a method of collaboration, a tool for self-review, a window into the world of teaching, and a platform for which I can vent on any number of topics that I please.  Most of my posts are during weekends or late at night, and I take no accountability at all for editing or spelling because at 11 p.m. on a Thursday night after basketball practice and a glass of wine, I could care. 

Anyway, thanks Jay for the shout-out!  

blog comments powered by Disqus