Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rick Santelli has a pretty damn good point

Need I remind you that 92% of Americans pay their mortgage in good faith every month.

My wife and I have often wondered why we should be paying our mortgage when we can wheel and deal with the government for "help". The answer is simple, because we worked hard and made good choices, thus not needing help from taxpayers. People invested in us because they know we will pay it back. Funny how that works.

By the way, my wife and I were also remembering when the flood of 2005 wrecked homes and the government stepped in and bailed them out, yet that option wasn't available to those of us that paid for flood insurance every year. Why pay the insurance?

Promotion of correct behavior? Santelli isn't far off the mark.

blog comments powered by Disqus