Saturday, January 31, 2009

Best. Game. Ever.

Our JV team came back in regulation, came back in the first overtime, and held on to win a double overtime game 85-82. I was fortunate to be a part of the experience.

I don't usually mention basketball related items on the blog because there are people actively looking at my ramblings in an attempt to oust me. However, this gets an exception because of the ultimate teachable moment that the game provided. Discipline, selflessness, heart, guts, courage, mental toughness, athletic ability, sportsmanship.........all those things that the California State Standards don't address were on court Friday night. Real teaching took place, and the kids passed many assessments with flying colors. Oh, and you want to know what I was paid? About nine cents an hour. One hell of a deal in terms of value education. And I would do it again, and again, and again.
blog comments powered by Disqus