Saturday, July 12, 2008

5

I was greeted by a message on my Facebook by a student that took the AP Comparative Government exam this year.  I was thrilled to learn that the student received a 5, the highest possible score, on the test.  With seven out of the sixteen students taking the test, one 5 might not say a whole lot about where the overall is going, but the student responses after the exam were very positive save one student, and that was a student I ignored because I pretty much figured it was going to be hell for an AP student that probably shouldn't have been there in the first place. 

So I wait, and admire the 5 as a victory for student and teacher, and I also admire the fact that next year's AP Comparative Government class will have jumped from 16 students to 25.

blog comments powered by Disqus