Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tim Russert

image

I didn't know who Tim Russert was until I listened to him on Imus in the Morning on the radio back in the mid-1990's.  I realized very quickly that I was listening to a man who not only really knew politics, but also knew a thing or two about not taking himself so seriously.  His visits to the program were funny.  Really funny.  The package that Tim Russert brought to the table was even better on Meet the Press, which I started watching more seriously in my later years of college.  It was great to watch politicians squirm when he put old quotes on the screen.  He was very respectful, but direct and consistent.  I've been hearing some bloggers and journalists calling Russert a "liberal", a part of media elite that is only concerned about going after Republicans.  I didn't see that.  I saw one of the most astute people in regards to politics to ever step in front of a camera.  He will really be missed. 

blog comments powered by Disqus