Friday, June 20, 2008

Mr. Silva-Brown's Report Card, Part One "Ratings Game", 2008 edition

Like last year, it is time to check out the reviews of Mr. Silva-Brown, live and uncut.

I present to you, part one of a three part series that looks at the "graded" Mr. Silva-Brown. At the end of each year I give out a report card with about 15 questions about my performance during the year.
The questions are:
-One a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being excellent), rate Mr. Silva-Brown's teaching this semester.
-Was I well organized?
-Did you understand what was going on?
-Do you think I have improved since September?
-Did you feel safe?
-Were students treated equally with respect?
-Describe your overall experience in the class
-What did I do well?
-What recommendations can you give?
-Give one piece of advice for next years students.

Today, I'll give you the numbers rating. The rating is first, followed by how many students rated me at that level.

Here it is:

Ten- 14
Nine- 27
Eight- 32
Seven- 12
Six- 2
Five- 2
Four-1
Three-1

My average is an 8.3, a B. Down from an 8.9 a year ago, and tied with an 8.3 from two years ago. Note, the fives, the four and the three all came from one class.
blog comments powered by Disqus