Monday, May 26, 2008

What actually happened on those McCain sub days

Saturday's mornings are now reserved from the Ukiah Farmer's Market.  From now until the middle of fall, my wife and I will be visitors to the dozen or so booths that are set up for plants, veggies, organic meats, and other items that are sometimes a reasonable value, but often way overpriced.

It was in the Farmer's Market that I found out that my sub plans for Thursday and Friday were not followed.  I ran into a student's family who was selling plants at a very reasonable price (we bought quite a few).  This student said "hi" to me, and then said,

"What happened yesterday?"

"I was at the McCain rally."

"No, I mean what was with the sub?"

This is one of the last things that I want to ever hear.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

  "Well, she said you didn't leave her anything."

Oh God.

"And we did all of these weird crosswords that had nothing to do with Economics."

God no.

"And then we watched all these bizarre videos.  I just wondered what happened."

So do I. 

I walked away immensely frustrated that I can't leave my classroom for two day for professional experience because someone can't read a damn sheet of paper. 

System needs fixing.  Today.

blog comments powered by Disqus