Monday, May 05, 2008

Better day

Nothing gets the juices flowing like a good review of the AP Comparative course with a game of Jeopardy.

Seriously, they want blood. I have four groups in a tiered format where students of similar academic levels end up facing each other, and tearing each other apart. I had about 18 catagories and the 1-5 point amounts took a very quick 90 minutes. In the end the kids left with a smile on their face and, hopefully, confident about the AP test.

Speaking of my first AP experience, I heard second hand from a decent student that the CompGov test "wasn't too bad". It was also a reliable student that would give a pretty fair evaluation. Tomorrow I should get a copy of the FRQ's, which I will probably over-analyze for next year's class.

Anyone get early wind of the questions?
blog comments powered by Disqus