Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Strawberries and Cream

A student that has me twice in the day walked into the second class with a Starbucks Strawberries and Cream in her hand.
"I was mean to you earlier", she said, handing over the tasty beverage.
After the kind of day I was having, this was the perfect treat. I beamed for the remainder of the afternoon.
I have to admit, part of my anger still stems from the fact that the teachers that integrate the most technology in their classrooms are the one's that have the least access to it. I spent 20 minutes looking for the damn Scantron machine yesterday. I can hardly find a computer on campus that can work with Word 2007 documents. None have 2007, and most are blocked from uploading the file that will help. No printer, no direct access to the Internet, no help from the department that has kindly exiled themselves to a different wing of the school. So what am I doing? Why, I'm buying the supplies of course. I'm going wireless, I'm getting a printer, and I'm just about to the point of buying an iPhone just so I can hook it up to a project and show YouTube videos to students.
God I need another Stawberries and Cream.
blog comments powered by Disqus