Sunday, January 06, 2008

Drying off

Those of you that have heard, California took a pounding from a series of storms that did a nice number on the North State. While my home was fortunate to be spared any situations, much of Northern California was saddled with wind damage and rain problems. There are still plenty of communities on the coast without power and plenty of roads with trees blocking them. Locally, the Russian River flooded a frontage road about a mile away from us, but never threatened the neighborhood like it did two years ago. My wife and I just sat inside and relaxed during the storm, reading and watching plenty of movies from Netfilx.

School starts tomorrow. I spent today doing some spot grading and doing some serious reading on my AP Comparative Government class, which begins now.
blog comments powered by Disqus