Sunday, December 09, 2007

The problem with tournaments

We won the Willits JV Tournament in overtime on Saturday night, finishing at around 9:30 at night. I'm dead tired and I have to teach tomorrow.

One of the problems with coaching during the tournament season is the fact that you up working far above and beyond the usual hours. Willits is also two games on Saturday, which leaves Sunday for a day of relaxation. Usually, Sunday is my day to grade and update the website, however this weekend is going to be an exception. I'm doing exactly nothing on Sunday, doing the serious planning tomorrow.

Will my teaching suffer? Actually no. I'm a day behind anyway, which means that I'll be doing most of Friday's lessons on Monday. Paperwork is ready, its the energy that needs the prep.
blog comments powered by Disqus