Monday, August 27, 2007

Day 1, 2007

The day was fairly uneventful, with the exception of the horrid stomach ache I had for the first two periods and the continual lack of air conditioning. The combination made me sweat like a dog during second period, and during third a girl pointed out that I seemed to sweat a lot. For the record, I'm passionate when I teach so I may sweat. I'm of the opinion that if you work hard and sweat a little, big deal. I didn't help that 35 teenagers were in a classroom with no air conditioning and a 90 degree temperature outside.

Other than that the classes went fine. I have sensed out one possible classroom issue that will be resolved with a short talking too, maybe even tomorrow. The only other distraction that is evident is the massive number of cell phones that are everywhere. That too will have to be crushed tomorrow.

Things are smooth so far.
blog comments powered by Disqus