Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee

I've been tagged by Polski (check the blogroll) with a meme, and I haven't done one in awhile, so what the hell.

Four Jobs I’ve Had

1. Teaching: Obviously the single greatest job I've ever had, and one in which I will happily do forever. I can't be for sure that it will be at this level however. I've been to a few conferences that make me desire teaching kids at a higher level.
2. Ice delivery: In Sacramento I worked for Mid-Valley Ice, and drove a truck around to different businesses who begged for the frozen water when their machines broke down. I was "comped" a ton of stuff and the job was a blast!
3. Parking cars: I parked cars for snotty doctors at San Juan Hospital in Sacramento. The job was ok, the hours were shit and the people I worked for were idiots that thought that parking cars was better than sex.
4. Office assistant: Yes folks, I was worked in a dentist office in a little town called Durham. It was simple work, but the conversation was excellent, the staff was great, and I know enough about teeth to keep mine intact!
5. Security guard: When I was scrounging for any money I could, I worked at night with a security outfit. Get this, I sat in my car overnight at an orchard and airfield in the middle of the Sacramento Valley. After harvest, people often had the harvested items stolen. It was easy money and allowed me time to get homework done.


Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Do the Right Thing

Four Places I’ve Lived

1. Ukiah
2. Chico
3. Sacramento
4. Paradise

Four Books I Love

1. Test of the Twins by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman. The final book of the Legends portion of the Dragonlance Series has Raistlin Majere seeking to become a God, and at the same time all the other characters, including the villains, do some growing up.
2. The Boomer Bible by R.F. Laird. My kind of historical, sociological, and political comedy. Offends just about everyone while doing so in interesting prose.
3. The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy. The greatest techno-thriller of all time, and a great book for anyone that really wants to be introduced to Jack Ryan and the Tom Clancy books.
4. The Stand by Stephen King. Excellent book about the end of the world, and the magical fight that appears after it.

Four Places I’ve Vacationed:

1. New York City. I was there recently and I love it. I will be back soon.
2. Washington D.C. Another one of my favorite cities whose culture goes above and beyond the simple museums.
3. Lake Tahoe/Truckee. I love good wilderness, and if you take your time and look around, you can escape the snotty crowds.
4. San Francisco. Fine, it's only two hours away. However, small vacations are just as important as the long ones.

Four of My Favorite Dishes:

1. A good steak
2. Chips and salsa
3. Angel Hair with almost any red sauce
4. New England Clam Chowder


Four Sites I Visit Daily:

1. The blogs listed on the right.
2. San Francisco Chronicle at SFGate.com
3. Aint it Cool News
4. Drudge Report

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:

1. Munich, Germany
2. New York City
3. A lodge, somewhere in the far mountains, with Wi-Fi.
4. In bed.

I tag no one in particular.
blog comments powered by Disqus