Friday, February 09, 2007

Mommy, when I go to college, I want to warp the Constitution!

Darren over at Right on the Left Coast (see link right) introduced me to this post regarding San Francisco State's wonderfully selective interpretation of the 1st Amendment. I'm not quick to poke at things being "liberal" or "conservative", instead I like to point to things being straight out stupid.

This would be one of those cases.

Apparently the school says it is ok to burn the American flag (btw, I support the 1st Amendment protection of flag burning), but it is inciting violence to burn flags of Hezbollah and Hamas. Well of course it is! Why would any institution of higher learning want to promote equal time to the discussion of relevant issues? That wouldn't be as academic as playing partisan agenda games!

Off to college, kiddies!
blog comments powered by Disqus