Monday, November 20, 2006

I got your Thanks right here.

Like most teachers, I will be doing no work on Thanksgiving. Since I'm naturally lazy (hey, I'm a teacher!), I figure that there should be no reason to stress myself when the whole holiday should be about me. For instance....

-I did not work in the classroom for an hour last Saturday. No way.

-Nor did I hold a basketball parent meeting on Saturday. That would be wrong. Nor will I practice three days this week.

-I also didn't attend a scrimmage on Saturday, will not be attending a game on Wednesday, or a game on the Saturday after. What? Do you get paid to work on your time off?

-Of course, updating my website, grading papers, updating grades, and communicating with students is totally out of the question.

I know, it does sound a tad bit sarcastic. In reality, I'll be doing all this of course. But this is a little frustration coming out from the idiot in Albertson's I ran into that said, "Week of on Thanksgiving? Must be nice not to work for a living." Sure, and when I get done with my 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. job teaching YOUR kids, I'll remember that.
blog comments powered by Disqus