Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's on your slate for Fall television?

Readers of this blog know that I'm pro-television. You know those weeks that a person is supposed to take to turn off the TV? I program extra shows into my Tivo just for those weeks. Everything in moderation, I say.

So the new season of television is off and running. What's on my Tivo and how long will it remain? Here is a list of my new hires, and some old favorites.

Imus in the Morning:
It is the mainstay in my television line-up.

The NewsHour with Jim Leher:
The news summary for my kids that is shown to them daily.

Frontline and Frontline/World:
Two excellent news magazines that produce some top of the line information for classes. Go to the website (link right) for online episodes.

60 Minutes:
Another classic news magazine that shows everything from Starbucks to Iran. A must for Social Studies teachers.

Lost:
Back for Season 3, Lost is in full throttle mode in regards to the drama it produces. An excellent show.

Gilmore Girls:
In it's sixth (and possibly last) season, GG has become a has been in my book, but I'll watch it for a hopefully positive sense of closure.

The Amazing Race:
I still love the "Teams must now........." of network television. I guess that it helps that I know where the places are.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip:
Aaron Sorkin might have a another winner if the first episode was a sign of things to come.

Jericho:
I love good post-apocalyptic survival stories. This looked ok, but the music was way, way off. Make it Lost or X-Files spooky and you have a winner.

The Nine:
Sounds intriguing. I'll give it a chance.

Doctor Who:
Yep, I'm back for the next season. Let the inner nerd in me flourish!

Battlestar Galactica:
The best show on television, bar none. Hit the "catch-up" episode and then get on board for television's best!

You might ask, "When do you have time to watch?" The answer, we make time!


blog comments powered by Disqus