Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Much better

Day Two went much better than Day One. Even though it was only the day we discuss class policy, I felt much better in terms of ebb and flow in the classroom. I introduced the news to the class, which started eliciting more questions for classes in the afternoon. In fact, I got a lot more questions, good questions, from my Intro level class that were interested Iraq, Afghanistan, and even the legal situation behind Marc Karr. Anyone that doesn't think kids are interested in what's going on is nuts.

In terms of class numbers, it looks like this:

International Studies- 34 (FULL CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!)
2nd Period Gov- 34
3rd Period Intro Gov- 34
4th Period Gov- 33
5th Period Intro Gov- 14

Yep, you read the last one right, 14. That class is after lunch and Seniors coming in after lunch is like pulling teeth. Trust me, that class is going to end up getting smaller before it gets bigger. They'll end up going to another one of my classes, but post-lunch classes are widely unpopular.
blog comments powered by Disqus