Sunday, June 18, 2006

Mr. Silva-Brown's Report Card, Part One "Ratings Game."

I watched the little knotheads graduate yesterday at Ukiah High Stadium. The usual feelings struck me as I stood in the shade of a tiny tree, well away from most of the crowd; feelings of 'best of luck', immense pride, questions about how some could possible graduate, and finally a sense of ending as the year officially comes to a close. I enjoyed hearing the names of the kids, the songs, the emotional speeches, and happiness of the kids.
But as soon as those tassels changed position, I darted out the back fence and easily avoided the nasty traffic out of the school. Last year I parked up in the parking lot and it was over an hour to get all the way down the road from the school, about a mile and a half. Then I went home and did more drywall with some help from my father-in-law.

Now I present to you, part one of a three part series that graded Mr. Brown. At the end of each year I give out a report card with about 15 questions about my performance during the year. The questions are:
-One a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being excellent), rating Mr. Brown's teaching this semester.
-Was I well organized?
-Did you understand what was going on?
-Do you think I have improved since September?
-Did you feel safe?
-Were students treated equally with respect?
-Describe your overall experiance in the class
-What did I do well?
-What recommendations can you give?
-Give one piece of advice for next years students.

Today, I'll give you the numbers rating. The rating is first, followed by how many students rated me at that level. Here it is:

10- Twenty-two
9- Forty-two
8- Thirty-three
7- Thirteen
6- Six
5- Four
4- Three

My average is an 8.3, so about a B.
blog comments powered by Disqus