Sunday, May 07, 2006

Full potential

This is a paragraph from a student essay that asked a question about entrepreneurial traits and the desire to start a business. One of the traits was potential. Some information was changed to protect ident, but you get the point.

I don't really desire to reach my full potential. I am happy to go far enough in that direction that I can see that I could be very good at something if I wanted to be. This year, I played a sport. But by the time that sport became easy and I saw that I was one of the top athletes, it didn't really seem worth the effort. I was satisfied with the knowledge of my potentital and halfway resolved to get there when I have time. So I quit the sport.


I had many papers say something similar, which is a clear sign for me that someone is not pushing them nearly hard enough.

What do you think?
blog comments powered by Disqus