Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Essential Blog Material

Over to the right, under my fav bloggers, you will see MyMoneyBlog. The blog is run by Jonathan Ping, a 27 year old who is looking to become wealthy by making good decisions with his money. It is an excellent source of logical financial information that you can put to serious everyday use. Examples?

-How about some excellent 0% credit card transfer offers?

-Want to know what does and does not affect your credit score? How about specific banks and credit checks?

-Looking for serious rates with online savings accounts?

-What does and does not save gas.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg! There is a ton on investing, getting the most out of companies, and general tips on making good financial decisions. I took advantage of this Sharebuilder promotion that basically gave me a free $65 to open an account and place a single $4 trade. Do a little research (like I make my kids do), nail a stock in the "buy and hold" category, and viola, free money and a long term portfolio. By the end of this year, I'm looking to build up a little more equity and move over to Scottrade for a little more hands-on market action. I'm doing a little faux portfolio over at the Virtual Stock Exchange (will use it next year for Economics) and I'm currently down about 8% after being up almost 5% before the recent correction.

Moral of the story, go check out MyMoneyBlog, it is well worth your time.
blog comments powered by Disqus