Monday, February 27, 2006

WIth a watchful eye

I love the rain. Something about listening to the rain with the windows open, or going out in the rain and feeling it cleanse the world's problems, it just makes me love the rain.

Unless the rain is so hard, so quickly that it floods my house. For those of you just joining us, it did that on December 30th. Well, the clouds have been dumping a significant amount of rain on us again, which makes me look up at the heavens with a tad bit of irritation. Another warm storm has parked itself over Northern California, this time we have had around 6 inches in about two days, and the amount is expected to grow.

But seriously, my house isn't in danger. The December flood was one of those odd, rare events that doesn't "ever" happen, if you get my meaning. We had two weeks of nearly straight rain, followed by a mammoth storm that dumped hours of water over Mendocino County. This is simply a lot of rain over the next few days. But it is odd, having this new feeling. I keep telling myself to get over the whole issue of renewed flooding, since it may never happen again. It had never flooded in this subdivision since it was built in the late 1960's. It may never flood again.
Fine and dandy, but it could just let up a little bit.
blog comments powered by Disqus