Saturday, February 18, 2006

Done

Basketball season is done.

If you look at the scoreboard (7-12, 4-10 in league) then you probably consider it a rough season. In terms of wins and losses it was, but in terms of the team I had, I wouldn't have minded coaching another 10 games, simply because a couple of members of the team were finally understanding what was necessary to become a good ballplayer. So the season is over for me. The varsity won two huge games and looked excellent in stretches last night. That means that they should be playoff bound, which will extend my job as an assistant to varsity for another two weeks.

On a more interesting note, I saw the best high school halftime event ever last night. Elsie Allen High School had some sort of drum ensemble that played excellent. It was a great diversion from the usual cheerleading number.
blog comments powered by Disqus