Friday, February 24, 2006

Ball Four

Darren over at Right on the Left Coast (check my blogroll) nailed me with a meme that has to do with fours. Here's a little about me, some of which you might already know:

Four Jobs I’ve Had
1. Teaching: Obviously the single greatest job I've ever had, and one in which I will happily do forever. It also helps to be at a great school.
2. Ice delivery: In Sacramento I worked for Mid-Valley Ice, and drove a truck around to different businesses who begged for the frozen water when their machines broke down. I was "comped" a ton of stuff and the job was a blast!
3. Parking cars: I parked cars for snotty doctors at San Juan Hospital in Sacramento. The job was ok, the hours were shit and the people I worked for were idiots that thought that parking cars was better than sex.
4. Office assistant: Yes folks, I was worked in a dentist office in a little town called Durham. It was simple work, but the conversation was excellent, the staff was great, and I know enough about teeth to keep mine intact!
5. Security guard: When I was scrounging for any money I could, I worked at night with a security outfit. Get this, I sat in my car overnight at an orchard and airfield in the middle of the Sacramento Valley. After harvest, people often had the harvested items stolen. It was easy money and allowed me time to get homework done.

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Pulp Fiction
Do the Right Thing

Four Places I’ve Lived
1. Ukiah
2. Chico
3. Sacramento
4. San Jose

Four TV Shows I Love
1. Battlestar Galactica: If you are still stuck in the sci-fi stereotype that Galactica is 70's nerd candy, then you are missing out on the best show on television. Get over it and watch.
2. Lost: Second best show on television. The back stories make the series, while the mysteries add to it.
3. West Wing: The return has been excellent and the loss of John Spencer is a major blow to the future of the show. Watch it while you can!
4. Imus in the Morning: Every day in my classroom, I listen to the I-Man on my prep in the background while I work. Then I listen to the rest after school.

Four Places I’ve Vacationed
1. Las Vegas
2. Washington D.C.
3. Munich
4. Seattle

Four of My Favorite Foods
1. A good steak
2. Chips and salsa
3. Angel Hair with almost any red sauce
4. New England Clam Chowder

Four Blogs I Visit Daily
1. Education Wonks
2. Right on the Left Coast
3. Polski
4. What Up, Mz. Smlph? (she will return!)


Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
1. Munich, Germany
2. Lake Tahoe
3. Seattle
4. Driving around Alaska
blog comments powered by Disqus