Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's pretty bad

I came home to a flash flood that roared down my street while I was gone. Garage had 5 inches of water, now has an inch of mud over everything. Back fence was totally destroyed, and a gapeing hole is in my side fence. Water is under the house and silt in in our heating ducts. Garbage cans and lawn furniture were 1/2 mile down the road in an orchard.

Fortunately, the water was 1/8 inch from coming into the house (the water line is clear against the house. Everything inside is ok, including the cats. We are the lucky ones. Two houses down, and the rest of the way down the street, many people lost everything, including their cars that floated down the street. More when things settle down.

Here's a better summary. I live on Washo Dr.

Ukiah Daily Journal
blog comments powered by Disqus