Monday, January 16, 2006

A Foursome

So I've been memed, and since I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll do it.

Four jobs I've had:
1. Teaching: Obviously the single greatest job I've ever had, and one in which I will happily do forever. It also helps to be at a great school.
2. Ice delivery: In Sacramento I worked for Mid-Valley Ice, and drove a truck around to different businesses who begged for the frozen water when their machines broke down. I was "comped" a ton of stuff and the job was a blast!
3. Parking cars: I parked cars for snotty doctors at San Juan Hospital in Sacramento. The job was ok, the hours were shit and the people I worked for were idiots that thought that parking cars was better than sex.
4. Office assistant: Yes folks, I was worked in a dentist office in a little town called Durham. It was simple work, but the conversation was excellent, the staff was great, and I know enough about teeth to keep mine intact!
5. Security guard: When I was scrounging for any money I could, I worked at night with a security outfit. Get this, I sat in my car overnight at an orchard and airfield in the middle of the Sacramento Valley. After harvest, people often had the harvested items stolen. It was easy money and allowed me time to get homework done.

(Honorable Mention: Burger King, Cutting pipe, factory worker, dishwasher)

Four places I've lived
1. Ukiah
2. Chico
3. Sacramento
4. San Jose

(Honorable Mention: Live Oak, Paradise)

Four websites I visit daily:
1. The blogs listed on the right.
2. Sacbee.com
3. Dark Horizons
4. Drudge Report

(Honorable Mention: NorCalPreps, SFGate, Ain't It Cool, Yahoo)

Four television shows I love to watch (I'll consider this as currently):
1. Battlestar Galactica: If you are still stuck in the sci-fi stereotype that Galactica is 70's nerd candy, then you are missing out on the best show on television. Get over it and watch.
2. Lost: Second best show on television. The back stories make the series, while the mysteries add to it.
3. West Wing: The return has been excellent and the loss of John Spencer is a major blow to the future of the show. Watch it while you can!
4. Imus in the Morning: Every day in my classroom, I listen to the I-Man on my prep in the background while I work. Then I listen to the rest after school.

(Honorable Mention: Amazing Race, 30 Days, Rescue Me, Gilmore Girls, Sportscenter)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. A good steak
2. Chips and salsa
3. Angel Hair with almost any red sauce
4. New England Clam Chowder

(Honorable Mention: Pizza, Sushi, Pot Stickers, Burritos)

Four albums you can't live without:
1. Public Enemy, "It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back"
2. Tracy Chapman, "Live at the Fillmore, June 2003"
3. Metallica, "Master of Puppets"
4. Beastie Boys, "Licensed to Ill"

(Honorable Mention: "Only Time, The Total Collection" by Enya, "Immaculate Collection" by Madonna, "The NWA Legacy" by NWA, "Hard Again" by Muddy Waters)

Four places you'd rather be:
1. Munich, Germany
2. Lake Tahoe
3. Seattle
4. In bed

(Honorable Mention: San Francisco, driving around Alaska, driving anywhere with my wife since we travel excellent)
blog comments powered by Disqus