Tuesday, November 01, 2005

We are family

With a little help from EdWonk, I came across the Blog Family Tree, a little project that The Politburo Diktat has put on to see where this crazy blog world all started.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm a part of the Tree. Looking from where you started is interesting in a really weird sort of way. I've always been looking to keep some kind of journal, especially about teaching, but this blog has become something more than that.

So who are my "Blog Parents"?

My blog mother is Wonkette, which is a blog that involves political satire, mainly from the Left attacking the Right. I first saw creator Ana Marie Cox on the Imus in the Morning Program a few years ago, and I read it ever since......until recently. Now the Wonkette is no longer produced by Ana Marie, she is instead the Editor. Whatever, all I know is that it isn't as funny as it used to be. Ana Marie Cox has a personal blog, but she is spotty on updates and doesn't have the good humor she once had.

My blog father is Education Wonks. On one rainy afternoon in February, I decided to find some blogs from teachers, I as was having my own frustrations teaching. Low and behold, I came across Se Hace Camino Al Andar, a blog from a woman teaching in New York City. At that time, she didn't post often (she is much more regular now, and a good read) so I skipped it and found my way to The Education Wonks. From there I realized that knowledge is power and reflection is a great teaching tool that I had forgotten.

I don't think that I have any "blog children" of my own. If I do, I would really like them let me know.
blog comments powered by Disqus