Friday, November 11, 2005

Live from Burney, California

Wow, there is snow on the ground in Burney! Simply the fact that there is snow here is odd, the fact that it is the middle of November makes it down right bizarre.

I can't believe how tired I was driving up from Ukaih today. I had major problems on Highway 5 maintaining some semblance of mindful driving. I don't think I have adjusted to the season just yet. It helped that there was a Starbucks in Corning, which is just so damn wrong that I almost cried. Seriously, Corning is this orchard and hick town in the middle of nowhere, where farmers and truckers flourish. But lo and behold, a Starbucks (a good sized one too) is firmly implanted in the town's outskirts, close to the freeway. A triple mocha later, I was on the road again. Speaking of the season, I had to make the first round of cuts today. Out of 9 that tried out, I kept 5. Then I had about 10 football players show up. Second round of cuts is next Thursday, and it won't be easy.

I'm off to Ashland tomorrow morning.
blog comments powered by Disqus