Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm pushing for a new course in International Studies........so go visit the Education Carnival!

I'll take a moment to stop with the movie theme so I can hump my new course I'm pushing for next year. This afternoon I presented a course in International and Global Studies to the School Site Council. The reaction was mixed, as the electives teachers became very anxious about someone new coming in and possibly taking students away from them. After explaining that the school needs new, college prep electives, I started to gain more support. I have permission to start the process of approving the class, however the Council will meet again in 3 weeks with a final decision.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and go visit Jenny D and the Education Carnival. I haven't been sending in stuff lately because I don't think anything I write warrents sending it in. Don't worry, I'll find something eventually.
blog comments powered by Disqus