Thursday, September 22, 2005

You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this Education Carnival!

It is hard to imagine, but "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" was the target of an attempted ban by the United States Congress, and it was also banned by fascist countries in Europe for being too good at explaining democracy. Beautiful.
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" is an excellent portrayal of not only how Congress works, but also the cynical nature of special interest within Washington D.C. James Stewart plays the naive, patriotic American with vigor, and his struggle against the System heartfelt. Be careful about showing this one to students, as it is long and does have some slow areas.

This has been an excellent week, except for Monday night when that coaches all backed down from demanding a pay raise. I can't get into specifics, except to say that the Coaches Association is useless, since we are far from united. Otherwise, I'm starting to reach into the flow again. With my wife's family calming down, and my 30 units of summer school finally over, I can start focusing on the classroom. It felt really good to be back into the groove. My wife also got a new job. Previously, she was a teacher for students with special needs. It was a challenging job. Last week, she was hired to teach Gov/Econ and World History at Willits High School. The job change has already began to show positive effects in different aspects of life.

More later.

But before you begin a massive filibuster over the Supreme Court Chief Justice, or over a dam, go check out the Education Carnival!
blog comments powered by Disqus