Wednesday, August 03, 2005

You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Education Carnival"..

I find it funny that so many high school students view Monty Python and the Holy Grail as some big secret, like a hidden cult classic film gem. Sorry kiddies, the Holy Grail was funny before you were born. This movie might be considered the greatest parody film ever made, making fun off all the medieval "King Arthur/Quest" type of movies. I've found that people that don't like Monty Python's brand of humor still liked this movie. From French Taunters to the Knights that say "Ni!" to killer rabbits, if you haven't seen Monty Python and Quest for the Holy Grail, you are missing out on a comedy classic.

In other news, check out a post on Right on the Left Coast regarding a parent that is angry at Darren for posting a link to the "Breast Not Bombs" Rally. Actually, it isn't the link that's the problem, its that her 13 year old son clicked the link and saw naked people protesting in Berkeley. The controversy has stirred up a hornet's nest regarding decency, teacher's rights and the 1st Amendment. For the record (and I posted this in his comments), I have two units I do with freshmen World History students regarding the Renaissance and Impressionism. Both contain artwork that have nudes. I have had no problems, as in zero, in the three years that I taught World History. Go over and have a look-see for yourself.

But before you try and fight The Black Knight, go check out the Education Carnival!
blog comments powered by Disqus