Sunday, August 28, 2005

It Begins

I'm sorry that I've been gone, but my wife's grandmother died about last week and the funeral was Friday/Saturday (don't ask). I've been in Discovery Bay and San Ramon, California for the last four days dealing with the issue of being married and trying to be supportive about a loved one of my spouse dying. My family and her family view death differently, which makes it very difficult when talking about it. Needless to say, it has be a rough weekend.
Which had to happen right before school, right? Tomorrow morning I will arrive at 6:15 a.m. to read the news and do my usual prep work to ready myself for the 150+ Seniors that will decend upon my humble abode of a classroom. Am I ready? It depends. I'm as organized as I will ever be. I pride myself on having copies ready, having the classroom set up, and being able to teach immediately. That will not be a problem. Am I mentally ready? Not really. I have had no "teachermares" for the first time, since most the nights have been very lite in sleep, and very full of emotional issues. It hasn't sunk in at all.
Anyway, I made it back to Ukiah and instead of thinking about school, I completed my yearly fantasy football draft (5th year with the same guys), and read blogs. I don't think I'm in the right mental frame of mind, but it has to change. There is very little choice in the matter.
BTW, I've spent well over $300 already this year on my classroom. While in Concord, I bought an adapter that connects my computer to my TV (for notes and Power Point) and to my stero (for music). It ran me a C-Note.
blog comments powered by Disqus