Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Economics Conference in San Francisco

So I'm out of here for a couple of days to head down to San Francisco to attend a workshop on Economics Education. I'm staying in Marin County and taking the ferry over for the day. Why not just drive the two hours back and forth from Ukiah for two days? Because gas is $2.75 a gallon, bridge toll is $5, parking is at least $12, and traffic out of the city over the Golden Gate at 5 p.m. really sucks. The cheap motel room and the ferry price is a lot cheaper. The place is supposed to have Internet access. If it does, I'll give you a report on how the workshop went.

I got my schedule today. Intro means they are low level readers.

Zero- Government/Economics
1st- Prep
2nd- Intro Government/Economics
3rd- Intro Government/Economics
4th- Intro Government/Economics
Lunch
5th- Government/Economics

A nice schedule. I start at 7:30 and I'm done at 2:45. That is not including basketball season, or any meetings that we might have. I'll be in the classroom at 6:15 every morning to get most of my work done. I do my best work in the morning, and I leave the 6th period to do paperwork and prepare for basketball.

Talk at you tomorrow from Mill Valley, or Friday from Ukiah!
blog comments powered by Disqus