Sunday, July 31, 2005

EW for ET

So I'm in the den working on my 30 units (5 down, 25 to go) when my wife yells, "OH...MY....GOD...EWWWWWW!!!" in that voice that means something is seriously wrong. Upon bolting into the living room, I find Entertainment Tonight on the television showing an entire segment on the wedding of Mary Letourneau. It just might well be one of the more disgusting moments I've ever seen on television. This is a former teacher who had sex with a young teenage boy, being treated like a celebrity on ET?!?!?!?! I went to the ET website, and here is the headline:

MARY KAY WEDDING - Our own JANE CARL sat down with MARY KAY LATOURNEAU just days before her wedding to VILE to talk about the couple's wedding preparations, including flower arrangements, invitations and security concerns. Plus, we have the wedding that was seven years in the making as Mary Kay walks down the aisle!


With all the problems in society and the current incidents of teachers sleeping with students, this one is treated like Jennifer Lopez on television. Everyone associated with this show should be embarrassed that they gave this woman the time of day. In fact, it looks to me that Entertainment Tonight was actually glorifying her actions by making her out to be a celebrity. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I need a shower after watching that crap.

In other news, my MySpace site went to over 200 views today, although I still only have 4 friends. Not that I blame them for not adding me. Would you have wanted to add your teacher? Hehe. I have received messages from students though, just not publicly.
blog comments powered by Disqus