Monday, June 13, 2005

No, I'm not done yet.

I'm reading all of these posts regarding being done with the year........it makes my teeth grit. Today I sent off my first group of Seniors into the real world. Unfortunately, one did not pass my class. Worse than unfortunately, it is going to get really ugly. So tomorrow I will be meeting with the usual bunch (VP, Consul, Me, Dad, Student) and I will bring my pile of evidence with me to support the grade. I don't give grades, and this is one student that wants it handed to him. The student wrote me a letter earlier, something I paraphrased here. Really, this is the most difficult part of teaching, the end of the Senior Year. Students that fail my class will not be graduating, period. I have made enough safety nets that it normally doesn't happen, but again, I don't give away grades.
blog comments powered by Disqus