Friday, June 24, 2005

Making a little easy money

I'm currently substituting a high school summer school class in Computer Litercy. Talking about a very easy paycheck. Computer Lit classes are great for the following reasons:
1. All the work for the students is pre-planned and when they finish, they work on typing.
2. They are all Freshmen, so they will behave because I'm tall and loud.
3. If they misbehave, then they have to take the whole class next year.

So I worked on some classwork in my History/Social Science Curriculum on the Web class. I had to evaluate three sets of National Standards in History/Social Science. Sounds a lot worse than it actually is. It is interesting to see what organizations think about what students need to know about Social Sciences.

Anyway, I need to go and make sure all the little knotheads are doing their work. Right now I'm listening to 30 students type using a Yahoo Game called Typer Shark. It seems like an effective program, but listening to it for 90 minutes can drive a person mad.
blog comments powered by Disqus