Saturday, May 14, 2005

What would happen if someone at school found my blog, and didn't like it?

Interesting question, isn't it?

On this Saturday night, I'm scanning some of the blogs that I've never read before and came upon Weblogg-ed. It seems that a couple of teachers have got into trouble for saying something in their blog that offended students or administration. One in particular is The Daily Grind, who made a comment about a dance where the students came dressed as prostitutes. Actually, the theme was "Call Girls", very nice school sanctioned event. The girls found out about the blog, complained, and the district sent a nasty letter telling him to never do it again.

What would you do?

First of all, I don't publicize that I have a site, nor do I hide it. Eventually, someone from Ukiah will find this blog and hopefully they will understand that it is about the life of a teacher who is protected under the same rights as they are. If you haven't noticed, I have opinions. This is my forum to expand on things going on in my life. I don't expect everyone to like it. In my eyes, Grind's only mistake might have been the language he used. A mistake, by the way, that I would have made if I were in his shoes. For instance, I'm not going to say that Ukiah Daily Journal Editor K.C. Meadows is a poor reporter. I'm going to say that she's a slobbering idiot who must be high while she writes her articles about less money for schools and more money for communal pot gardens in Ukiah. Now, would I use that kind of tone if I was talking to my boss? Of course not. Hence the reason that this forum is mine and I will use the language I see fit.

Take it for what its worth.
blog comments powered by Disqus