Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Carnival of Education. The blog I've always wanted and now I own it. I rule!

Actually, EdWonk owns it, or at least runs it. When it comes down to it, it is the educators that own pieces that appear, with EdWonk taking his time to list these insightful posts for us.
I get weird looks from people when I tell them that I think American Beauty is an outstanding movie. There is this perception that teachers are not supposed to like this movie because the storyline is morbid and disturbing. It is the same argument that says that because I've read or watched something, I will end up doing it. I haven't bought that argument for a long, long time. Intelligent people that were brought up to know the difference can realize real, and make believe. I've been listening to Beastie Boys since 7th grade. That doesn't mean I'm going to start on the blow at huge parties. I've been playing violent video games since they were available. That doesn't mean I'm ready to go on a shooting spree. So American Beauty, a tragic story of a totally screwed-up, suburban family, goes near the top of my list.

But before you engage in your mid-life crisis, smoking weed and wailing on your pecs, check out the Education Carnival.
blog comments powered by Disqus