Thursday, March 17, 2005

Senior realizations....

It is at about this time that seniors in my classes come to the realization that their senior year is not going to be a walk. Yesterday was a review for the Supply/Demand test that they will take today. Some were excited that they were picking it up, but others were really angry at the fact that the work is hard and they needed to study. The senior year at Ukiah comes with a sense of entitlement that they deserve days off and less work. Surprise, it doesn't work that way.

I'm also getting the enormous amount of complaining that I have a test on the Friday before Spring Break. Since we are trying to emulate responsibility, I have decided not to budge on this one. I've already had parent complaints that I give too much work to students that go off on vacations during school days. What can I say? Well, actually I can say that we need a "No Child Left Behind At Home" law that actually puts parents partially responsible for their child's education. Like we can do anything if parents feel it is ok to pull a child, who is barely passing, to Cancun for 10 days at the end of May.

Anyway, I'll connect later.
blog comments powered by Disqus